Saturday, October 23, 2010

Back to PCLinuxOS

Most employees working on the distribution were laid off when Edge-IT was liquidated. We do not trust the plans of Mandriva SA anymore and we don't think the company (or any company) is a safe host for such a project."

Well, all-righty then.

I really don't feel like using a distro that is apparently soon-to-be-dead, so I've jumped the Mandrake/Mandriva ship again. And I'm back to PCLinuxOS. I've always liked the rolling release concept, vs the distinct versions and the obligatory version disaster^H^H^H upgrades. There's no 64-bit, but since you really only need that in order to access 4G of memory or more, it's not that big of a deal right now. Also, PCLOS has kernels that can indeed access much more than 4G of RAM while still being a 32-bit system.

So I'm good for now.